This tutorial will show you how to setup your Email Pros Email Account on a Samsung Galaxy S Series and Note Series phone.
If you have ActiveSync enabled for your account, please use our ActiveSync Setup on Samsung Phones tutorial.
At the time of this writing, the latest Android OS version is 7.0 Nougat, please make sure your phone is updated to the latest version of Android OS to ensure the screenshots below match. We highly recommend setting up your email account when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi. If you are on 3G/4G/LTE, make sure you have good reception while in one place and not moving around.
* Screenshots are for reference only, please read the instructions at each step and do not use the information in the screenshots.
First step is to figure out what your mail server address is. Open a web browser and type in webmail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name).
You will automatically be redirected to the correct mail server. In this example, the mail server address is mail4.emailpros.com (yours may be different). Please write down your mail server address, you will need it to complete the steps below.
Go into Apps
Touch Add Other Account
1. Type your email address
2. Type your email password
Touch Manual Setup
Touch IMAP account
1. In the User name box, type your email address
2. Under IMAP server, type your mail server address
3. Under the Security type drop-down, select SSL
1. Under SMTP server, type your mail server address
2. Under the Security type drop-down, select TLS
3. Under User name, type your email address
1. Under the Period to sync Email drop-down, select how many days of email you want to sync, we recommend 1 month, but you can choose any setting.
2. Under the Sync schedule drop-down, select a time interval to check for new messages, we recommend Every 15 minutes [the Auto (when received) option does not work]
1. Under Account name: type a description for this account on your phone
2. Under Your name: type your name, this will be the displayed on all outgoing messages (what recipients see).
Set your Signature
We recommend turning on Show images
We recommend turning on Auto download attachments
Download only via Wi-Fi is optional if you don't want to use your Mobile Data Allowance to download attachments.
Touch the Menu icon
Touch the Settings icon
Under View as
Standard is the default. Conversation will group your email messages into a Conversation thread, some people like this, some people don't, you can choose either option here.
Go Back. All Done!
(The next steps are optional to set new mail sound notifications)
Touch Sounds and vibration
Touch Notification sounds
Touch Email notifications
Touch your email account
Touch Notification sound and select your new mail sound
Vibrate when sound plays is optional
Go Back. All Done!